Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Conflicted

My husband and I have been together for 12 years - married for six. We dated in high school, but we broke up for a year and a half when I walked in on him cheating on me. He then got with a woman who he now shares a child with.

Since we have gotten back together in 2011, he has been wonderful. So open and honest about who he's texting or who calls him (he owns multiple businesses so he has a lot of random texts or calls).

These last few months, I've began to realize how much I do alone. I take both the kids (his one son and our one son) places without him all the time. He doesn't come with us to my families gatherings very often, so it's always me with the two kids.

I don't feel appreciated with the things that I do at home. I feel like its expected of me to cook, clean, do laundry, take care of the kids, and do things for his businesses after working all day, but he doesn't help with any of that. We've had numerous conversations about him helping me, but it doesn't seem to change.

I've very recently began seeing someone, but now I'm questioning whether I truly want a divorce or if it's just because this new relationship is something new and exciting. Any advice will be well considered!!

Re: Conflicted

Be careful. You can't have two relationships at the same time. You are trying to have needs met that your husband is supposed to meet. This other relationship won't go anywhere, if he knows you're married. And he's only seeing you as someone who cheats. What would the kids say if they found out? Would you allow your husband to do the same?

Have you tried counseling? Marriage counseling? Would your husband be open to it?