Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The kids

My husband left us for another woman who has her own 3 kids. This was 10 days ago. He is now asking to have the kids over there. Ours are 12 and 13. I don’t feel comfortable letting them go as everything is still fresh in our heads and really I’m mad now at him and her. How do I know when is a good time or is there a good time to let this happen?

Re: The kids

Make it official. File for divorce, and the kids stay with you until an arrangement has been made legally. You don't have an obligation to do what he asks. He left, let him suffer the consequences.

Re: The kids

Hi Malissa,

I am not yet divorced, but will likely happen soon. I have a 3 year old and that is my biggest fear. He has a good relationship with his dad, but is really attached to me. My son can't stand it even when I leave for a few hours. I am so afraid of not seeing him everyday and it taking a toll on him and our relationship. I feel your pain and am so sorry you have to deal with this. How is your child once at your ex's. I was told by an attorney that if you make it not a big deal that they are leaving that it won't be a big deal. I guess do the best you can to normalize it for your child and not show negative emotions so that you don't add to your child's strong emotions. Good luck to you!