Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My husband's ex wife isn't that bad. Why does she make me crazy?

I met my husband 5 years ago and he was newly separated with 3 kids. I also have a son, so we blended our families. The kids are great. Of course it's a lot sometimes to be a stepmom but I don't really have any crazy horror stories to share about them telling my they hate me or trying to manipulate me or be hurtful. The ex-wife is certainly not as bad as they come. Bad mouths my husband a bit to her friends and I'm sure every-time he forgets to pack their library book she rolls her eyes, but comparatively, pretty mild. I keep trying to count my blessings that things are pretty good in the grand scheme of things, but she makes me absolutely crazy. My son and I moved for my husband and I to marry and now I feel trapped in her world. Her kids, her schools, her friends, her community. I just want something that is mine so I think I cling to things like my home and when she went in with her son (spare key outside) while we were out of town, to help him find something he'd left behind. I hit the roof. The other day my husband let her borrow my car while I was out of town because hers broke down. Total meltdown. Yesterday, they carpooled to parent teacher conferences and I was literally shaking when I called and she was in the car. I don't suspect anything other than them trying to be good co-parents but I feel like such a passenger in my own life. When my ex and I were coparenting we did so from more of a distance so it feels foreign to me. However, They should be able to co-parent to the best of their ability and if they're ok with it, then I should be.... but I'm really, really not. totally soul searching here.