Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Divorce advice please help!

It’s been over a year since I left. We were married for 17 years. I just am ready to get it over with and move on. But I’m not sure I know how to move on. He was cheating and doing meth with a young woman. When I found out I left. That was easy. This is hard. I get angry sometimes and then sometimes I am so depressed I can barely function. I left I made that choice so why can’t I be done? He won’t even talk to our 3 grown children. It’s so sickening. I need to get this divorce going but it’s so expensive. Does anyone have any advice ? Please help!

Re: Divorce advice please help!

I'm sorry, I just spent 20 minutes responding, hit the submit button, and everything disappeared! WTH? That just ****** me off.... Why?
Well, briefly, I had just said that I was in a 24 year old marraige with a meth user, and cheater. (The 2 seem to go together) and finally got divorced 2016, now he stopped paying the alimony he needs to pay per court order. I need help with that issue, and he's on Bench Probation, so I hope it's easier than I'm thinking.
My moving on was a relief, but not easy. No income, no family support,I have huge pride, but the best thing I ever did was leaving that way tooo long of a disfuncional relationship! Our 2 kids are unbelievably amazing and well adjusted adults.
Your leaving that situation was the best thing to do for you! You're on your way to being an amazing woman with a scary, but worth it..... do over!
Isn't this fun!🤪

Re: Divorce advice please help!

I am presently divorcing my husband of 5 years (been together for over 20). He was controlling, critical, needy, sometimes mean, and has over 10 years of sobriety. You can imagine how awful the relationship was when he was using. I stayed, I compromised, I kept quiet. Because of that, the divorce came as a surprise to him. I'm in my late 30's and I didn't want to waste another year in this unhealthy dynamic. I'd brought up divorce a year prior but chickened out. No matter what he did to lead to my decision to pursue divorce, its still sad, I'm grieving the loss of my family for the last 20 years. That's normal. I'm also looking forward to spreading my wings and living as a single adult (for the first time in my life). Many emotions can occur at the same time and come and go during this process. Surprisingly, the divorce process has been emotionally draining. I thought that having agreed to a settlement before hiring a lawyer would make things go fast and easy; but I was wrong. I'm counting the days until I move out of state.