Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help to Process this Shock

My husband of 34 years and I divorced in Oct 2019. He got a sports car and a girlfriend and an apartment which he has renovated. I got our two precious and loving but developmentally disabled kids and a bad divorce settlement. My daughter with ADHD/Dyslexia is working hard at doing a very decent job with college. My son with ASD/Anxiety Disorders/Depression is doing his best with online school. My ex was emotionally abusive and I was basically his 24/7 servant/personal assistant. I have been unable to find a job that I can do while I manage my son. After our Covid lockdown, I became seriously depressed. I take medication and do telehealth therapy which has helped some.
I just feel so isolated and lonely! My heart physically hurts like I'm being stabbed. Does anyone have any advice or know how to connect with other people in this situation? Like as a Zoom group or something? People say time will help, but I don't feel like I can go on some days.

Re: Help to Process this Shock

Hi Cindy,
No, YOU ARE NOT alone. So many women in your situation!
What you feel is understandable but definitely not fair.

Men can be so immature and selfish, they tend to forget that women have needs as well.

I'm sorry you are in this situation.

You can contact me at sophie@sophieclement.com
for more talking.

Re: Help to Process this Shock

You are not alone. Husband of 33 years leaving me. Cant believe I have to start over at 56. Not as bad as your situation but things are in his favor. Cant sleep. Cant eat. Overwhelmed.