Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Still in love with ex husband

Does anyone else regret the decision they made? I have been split up with my husband since May divorced since September. We were married for 14 years together for almost 16. I met him when I was 15 years old and married him when I was 17. I thought I was trapped in a mundane life with nothing but a repeating cycle and nothing to look forward to in my future. I'm the one who asked for a divorce. I tried to move on see what the world has an offer that I had never seen. I did the Tinder seen for a while but then finally had my first serious boyfriend. It ended in him violently assaulted me in the car in front of my ten-year-old daughter. Within the week I also found out that my ex-husband was dating. I found it it hit me like a freight train unquenchable and unsurmountable pain. I realized I missed everything that I have given up and that the life I dreamed of was no life at all. I found that I am still madly in love with him. However he has moved on and said that the woman has been dating for 4 months he has fallen in love with. He says that our love comes with too much pain and he could never love me again in the same way he once did. I'm torn with heartache. I made a mistake. Where do I go from here?