Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Divorce after 35 years

Sorry to hear about your divorce, you are not alone my husband of 34 years has decided he wAnts divorce also. I also lost my mother in July. I am devastated and he does not want to try to fix things. Never did I think I could be so hurt by someone. I found out in November he was leaving me. He left a week ago and I am having a hard time accepting it.

Hi Aal, I’m sorry to hear about your losses. Please see a counsellor if you can as you’re dealing with a lot of grief. My husband of 32 years is in the process of divorcing me. It’s crap. I saw a counsellor a few months ago a couple of times and it really helped. Just having someone you could talk to openly about the grief, the sense of unfairness and cruelty it mentally put me through, lifted some of the weight off my shoulders. It’s confidential also-so no fears about gossiping friends etc! I think I wore my friends out with my suffering! Having an independent person with fresh perspectives can also be refreshing. It won’t ‘solve’ everything, but it helped me to have reassurance and recognition of the abuse I went through was due to his personality, not something I had ‘done wrong.’

Hugs 🤗

Hi
I feel so much for you, after all you have lost in your life.
You have been through so much loss.
I would get a lawyer to get your share of your home & I’d also go ahead with the divorce. Your husband is making you suffer mentally and physically this isn’t good for your well-being.
My heart goes out to you. This is your time to take control of your life, how much more can life throw at you?
Please be kind to yourself xx