Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stuck

Coming upon my 25 year wedding anniversary and I want out of my marriage. Our interests and hobbies are not aligned. I’m working my ass off and he’s golfing and playing. Socially and politically we are divergent. Sex is non existent and he’s distant and doesn’t see me. I don’t need him financially and he’s mot there for me emotionally. The problem is I feel stuck. I feel paralyzed. I’m surrounded by people who love me so I know I won’t be alone. I’m stuck and don’t know what to do. I sought counseling to see if I was mad and my therapist told me to run for the hills. She fired me for inaction. Why am I paralyzed with fear over the prospect of leaving a marriage which is no longer?

Re: Stuck

So many questions but does he know how you feel? How long has this been going on? Have you tried to go together for help?

Always sad when a marriage breaks up after 25 years.

Suggest you communicate and do everything you need to do to try to save it. Let him know exactly how you feel and how serious it is.

If it still doesn't work out then you'll know you tried and not have regrets later.

No one is perfect and the grass is not always greener. I know, I've been divorced 14 years still trying to find the one and find the one. Sometimes that "one" is in your own back yard.

Life is short and you both need to be happy. When the sex stops then that's a red flag in my book unless there is a health issue.

BEst of luck for 2021.

Re: Stuck

I left after 16 years. Very similar reasons. You are entitled to be happy. You didnt mention if you have kids? Ask yourself where you will be emotionally in 2 years if you stay. I made the mistake of going straight into another relationship and falling hard. I am only now going through the phase of finding myself and being on my own, but I know that there is a whole world out there. You rather be on your own than chronically unhappy.
It is hard but you say you have loved ones around you to support you - that will get you through.