Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mentally Drained

There’s no obligation on you to remain in the relationship. Some women would simply walk away from it. The fact you are willing to see a marriage guidance counsellor with him, shows you care. But...if there’s no spark, no reciprocal love, if he’s childish eg claiming his stomach is ache is worse than yours and is making all kinds of false accusations re: you having affairs when you’re not- there has to be a line drawn. This is about your mental well-being, not only his. Having a counsellor present when you tell him that you don’t see a future together anymore, is a good idea. So too is having a suitcase of clothes in the trunk of your car and important documents and cash in your purse-In case you need to separate from him physically the moment you step outside the counsellor’s office door. We can’t know how he’ll react, so have a plan in place/on ‘standby’ to stay elsewhere with a close friend or family member if you feel that would be a good idea...

Re: Mentally Drained

I am getting divorced from alcoholic as well. He is also mentally controlling. It came to the point that my kids were upset at school because of his behavior when he drinks. It was a swift kick in the butt to divorce him. The grief I am feeling is unbearable