Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Financial part of divorce

I have not done this before so here goes. I have another court hearing tomorrow regarding the only asset that was left due to his irresponsible spending and losing our house, so all that I can make a claim on is his work pension .

He lives with his parents yet had a fantastic job but he has had to leave his job because of his frequent time off work. He got a massive early redundancy pay, in the tens of thousands and spent/hid within 5 months.

He told the court of my 4th hearing that he didn’t live with his parents, his post went there but he didn’t always open his letters and knew nothing of the court proceedings.

My three kids, now 26, 23 and 20 knew the process and the girls have sided with their dad as they think I don’t deserve anything as I have a partner now.

We were together 17 years and married 13, yet he told court I don’t deserve a penny.

I was scared of him, extremely controlling and abusive, yet we parted in 2006 and he still scared me, so I am just reaching out for support before my court tomorrow at 3pm and hope that someone has the time to reply.

Thank you

Re: Financial part of divorce

I’m sorry. Most states are equitable division of property. You should be fine. He can say what he wants about you . The courts don’t care. Infact the more badly he talks about you the better. Just go in calm and say nothing more than you have too..do not put him down. It will be fine. My husband is out on Protection Order and is order to pay spousal support but isn’t. He has an attorney that is just like him A pathological Liar,Psychopath, narcissistic manipulator. The am just trusting God for it to all be ok. I’m trusting my attorney to take care of it. It’s hard. I feel like I am in a limbo. We have 15 yr old daughter. She is on the protection order also as he was abusive to her as well. He can see her 1 day a week supervised. He tried to hide assets but because he wasn’t expecting me to finally be done with the abuse after 23 years...he had no time to hide anything. Good luck tomorrow.

Re: Financial part of divorce

First of all good luck for today!
Its one more step to it being sorted out and to freedom from your situation.
Your Judge at todays hearing will probably have come across people behaving like your husband. And hopefully know how to deal with him and his solicitor.
Divorces are based on the premise of "needs" you should be entitled to a fair pension split 50/50 hopefully - and if your solicitor believes your husband has purposefully delayed proceedings you may be able to counter claim him for some of your costs of the divorce.
I know its very hard but try to keep going every day knowing that you are making progress to your much brighter future x