Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment

I have been separated since July 2019 after my husband became very violent to me physically and violently we had moved to Spain thank goodness I had left a small flat here in Scotland I became very ill over there around March 2019 which I believe was Covid ( if you Google Covid Spain March 2019 it is there ) I caught my husband taking my pulse he wouldn’t get me a doctor he mocked me the man changed into a monster almost over night it took me 3 months to get back September 17 th had an appointment with the lawyer on the 18th anyway here I am and because of Covid he is ignoring all correspondence like an ostrich in the sand my lawyer says .. I don’t get legal aid because I own half a house in Spain but my lawyer has been so good I also am in touch with woman’s aid which had an 8 month waiting list the lawyer is waiting for one piece of paper to complete the warrant which will be served on him by sherif officers in Spain then I think he has 3 weeks to get his head out of the sand .... I seem to be feeling it more now and feel so alone it has been exhausting am nearly 63 how did I get it so wrong for over 10 years all he had to do was to be happy and show me some respect.... he seems to love this chaos almost seems to keep him alive he also hasn’t paid me a penny ... in Spain he stopped my money sold my car and I managed to get him out of the house for the 3 months to get me home thank goodness when my beautiful sister passed away she left me some money or I wouldn’t have been able to get out ..., I don’t love my soon to be ex husband as obviously this isn’t love violence is the lowest form of spirituality...... It didn’t have to be like this and now am on my own but not alone I pine for what could have been as all of this was so unnecessary he never hit me when we lived in the UK I honestly never want to see him ever again but I feel I will never be happy again
Thank you for listening to me
Leslee

Re: Newbie

Leslee - I am so sorry that he is putting you through this. Nothing I can say will make you feel any better. Feeling alone is the worst. I can say your not alone but these are just words on a page. I hope you can dive into something that does make you happy and have fun with that. Again, right now you probably cant see through the tears and depression. I get that. End result is we can only make ourselves happy. Easy to say but a ***** to do.

Good luck girl.