Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Still wondering if he cheated on me. Divorced 3 years ago!

Happily divorced to an emotionally, physically, and sexually abusive husband. Had to leave due to a sexual assault that was confusing but I knew I needed to leave and divorce him for getting that angry and controlling.

Now, a few years later, I think of him several times a week. He is with a new woman, whom moved in with him just a few months after the assault and before our divorce was finalized.

I wonder, was he cheating on me with her and then just become more abusive so that I left him, and he didn't have to be the one to leave me? He met her at his work, had known her for several years, she was always baking things for him he would bring home.

He would go to company events where she was there (I didn't go, and she was single). She is everything I wasn't...cooks every meal for him, has lots of sex with him, and he treats her better after going to anger management therapy.

I wish I didn't think about him. I'm tired of wondering if he was seeing someone else. I don't have answers, we don't talk to each other and I don't want to talk to him.

She looks like me, has a similar profession to me, has similar hobbies. It's creepy. He said she is so much like me, that we should be "friends" because we would like each other so much. So wierd.

How do I stop thinking about him? Stop imagining scenes of her cooking for him, having a kid with him, getting the "better" and "nicer" version of him? I wish I could erase him from my memory. It's hatred, and sadness, and grief that our marriage did not turn out how I hoped.