Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Betrayed

Hi!
I've been married for a little over 10 years and have 2 little girls, ages 4 and 9. My soon to be ex asked for a divorce out of the blue three weeks ago. Won't give me a reason and we were trying to separate in house to support our kids until we sell our house but I found out he was "talking" to other women so I finally kicked him out this past weekend. My kids were initially upset but they seem better after the first night. We have had our ups and downs over the years. Four years ago I found out he cheated and we separated for a short while but I forgave him. I feel ashamed that I couldn't keep him around. Although, I'm learning that I spent a lot of time acting like his mother... Constantly reminding him of things and having to beg or nag for help doing anything. Part of me feels relieved since I work full time and got to school full time along with taking care of my girls. The other part of me feels betrayed. I helped put him through school and have always been the breadwinner that supported us. Just makes me wonder what I did for him to treat me so crappy. So on top of everything I am trying to sell our house and had to find an apartment along with new daycare because I'm moving closer to my support system. Overwhelmed and hate this rollercoaster I've jumped on.
Rachel

Re: Betrayed

I understand your pain. My husband and I have been married almost 10 years and have 4 kids. He also wanted a divorce out of no where- he cheated on me 6 years ago- it was hard to move past, but we did. He got out of the Army, which I don’t believe he handled well. He started a new job and cheated with a woman at work. This is hell and pain. Our whole life is a complete 180- I hate to see how much it hurts the kids and I don’t understand how my husband has completely changed in the last 6-8 months.