Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Getting house ready

One of the more difficult task is staying in the relationship and having civility without him knowing for sure I will seek divorce. So I can maintain any amount of cooperation or help i can get from him.

I really don't like this deception game I am playing but I have to if I want the problems with the house to get resolved so it can sell.

This is one of the toughest things I am facing.

Trying to get work done and still deal with his ways of disapproval.

We have had rust on the front door for at least 5-7 years. Yet he doesn't replace it... Says it is not simple. After various conversations, I finally just went out and purchased a cheap steal front door.

I literally went to lowes purchased the door... Rented the lowes truck vehicle and literally put the door in the bed of the truck all by myself.

came home and got it out of the truck and then had him help me move it into the garage.

He was not pleased.

He is now giving me the silent treatment. When I talked ot him about our options. He was mute had nothing to say.

He is now watching motor fixing video down in the basement where his computer is. Even though there is no motor to fix.

Our gutters came down because he wasn't taking care of them. Our attic is moldy cause he insisted on a heating humidifier that literally as dripping water vapor in our attic...door is rusted... the house has mold out side cause we live in a damp area. I have hired someone to clean that and the roof once and he wasn't happy about it. We have holes in the ceiling from him running his stupid wire and an inspector will say that needs to get fixed because of fire hazard safety laws.

These are things that someone buying it would ask to have fixed before buying...

I just want this stuff done so I can move on and sell my home.

Going to go take the door off the hinges my new door and start priming it... Maybe I will take a 4 day weekend and install it myself. What is the worst that can happen I fail and we don't have a functional front door...until I get a handy man in to help....

Re: Getting house ready

Just venting some... so thanks for lending an ear and support...

So we got the front door almost done.

He informed me he refuses to do the basement door. I argued with him. told him it would be done with our without him and I would hire a handy man to help me. He backed off and agreed to do the basement door with me.

Then of course he has to jack up the price and get a fiberglass door for the basement door. Can't do steel...

We had a big argument or discussion on my latest house renovations. He informed me of how I am not meeting his needs. And told me something.

I really had to try hard not to laugh. It is tough to explain but his need is really not a need. He wants to remove the 2ftx2ft tile part of the floor right in front of the basement door. So he can keep his desk where it is at (that has been there for years). The chair is having a tough time rolling over it. It is a control freak thing he is doing insisting that his desk is somewhere within a 25x15 room. That room is entirely his BTW. But he has to have his desk right there. And is something he just informed me he wanted in june and then backed off when I told him what work it would entail to do. Then claimed he never backed off of it. Then called a carpet company they told him the same thing I said.

Anyway, I proceeded and said well the front door has been discussed for 5 years now about it being rusted... basement door has been discussed same amount of time. You just informed me of this need 3 months ago.

I told him

***You know part of owning a home is taking care of it. And every step of the way you have fought taking care of it. I have to drag you kicking and screaming and pull you through doing it.

I am tired and no longer wish to discuss with you cause you are too negative. Everything has to be complicated or impossible with you to the point of overwhelming that we don't do it.***

truth be told I am tired of this draining negative attitude. I just don't have it any me. I am running out of gas while I try to ensure the home is in resale shape before I hand him papers.

Next is upstairs bathroom cabinets and tile cracking, replacing gutters that fell downa nd he ripped off cause he was angry, and getting the mold out of the attic. All needed and been known for years.

Ohhhhh and BTW don't get me started on needs...No sex for the entire marriage. I definitely NEED to get laid.