Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Recently seperated, how do I handle the shock and devastation

How insensitive of them both.
I echo Diane’s advice to seek legal advice ASAP.
If she’s ever been threatening and abusive towards you, and if the cottage is very close-maybe consider getting a restraining order taken out on her-The type where she can’t come within so many meters of you (and thereby, also to where you live).

Rent out the cottage quickly or move one of your friends in before she can take up residence if you find out from a solicitor that you have the legal right to do that. Can you legally change all the locks without your husband’s permission?

I was just thinking: Wouldn’t it be a ‘shame’ if the cottage were to become ‘uninhabitable’ before she moved in… Old cottages can often be very leaky or rat-infested because of their age/rural location…🤣

I’m sorry you’re going through this. Make sure you claim for every penny you can in the divorce. Make sure the court knows it’s adultery and that his relationship with her ended his first marriage too.

Get all your ‘ducks’ in a row by finding out all the values of assets owned jointly or individually: Both personally and within any businesses. You may be able to claim spousal maintenance. Don’t forget to include the value of his pension, any life insurance and any inheritances he’s in the pipeline for. Inheritances are tricky in divorce situations, but it’s worth trying to claim half if you can.

Be kind to yourself. This is a horrible thing to have happen to you after such a long marriage. It’s HIS ****e personality and behaviour that’s to blame. Karma will kick their asses in due course 🙏

Breathe slowly, try to get some good quality sleep, see your GP for anti-depressants if needed, walk in the countryside, listen to relaxation music, write a daily journal, use positive affirmations of kindness towards yourself each day, look after your health and then you can be strong to kick his ass in the divorce! 🌻You’ll look amazing and hopefully, he’ll regret his decision to be with her. I’d still turn the cheating ******* down though, even if he tries to come crawling back,

Life isn’t over hun. It’s just going to be different. Better to live independently than to be cheated on and lied to. You are SO much better than that 😊 Hugs.