Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: First night alone in house

Hi,

You are not alone-physically maybe, but spiritually there are thousands of other women across the globe in the same/similar situation tonight.

It can be tough to spend evenings alone in particular. The meal for one, the not having someone to share your day’s news with, going to bed alone etc.

But…over time, it can become empowering. No one to nag you, to nitpick and argue with. You get to choose when to eat meals, what to eat, what to watch on TV etc etc!

Try to reassure yourself that, although not a nice experience, this is all part of the grieving and healing process. You are not alone-you are an independent liver!

Reorganise the furniture to your taste, chuck out old reminders that bring back sad memories, put on background music, take a bubble bath, phone friends and arrange to meet for coffee one day, read and google about other women’s experiences of how they coped. Tell yourself a positive affirmation every morning when you get up. Reassure yourself that you can not only ‘survive,’ but that you’re going to thrive. Show the ******* that he’s made a huge mistake in leaving you. Empower yourself by focusing on YOU. New hairdo, fresh makeup, an evening class, a meet up group etc…

The silence when living alone, can be deafening. I often watch a comedy to keep my seratonin levels ‘up’ when I feel myself sliding into sadness. Or read a good book and ‘lose’ your thoughts in it.

It can take a while to adjust, so give yourself space and time. Keep busy, keep active and always plan little adventures for yourself to have something to look forward to (horse riding, canoeing, walking etc).

Take reassurance from the fact that your feelings are entirely natural and normal. Hang in there 🌸

Thank you 😊

It is awful at first, but it does not compare to the first morning you wake-up and realize you don't have to worry about somebody getting upset, whining, complaining... Or worse... Watching you run around like crazy person trying to get things done while while they sit around like a bump on a log. Trust me, when that moment comes it is glorious and makes you realize they were never worth all the time and energy you wasted.

Stay strong!

It’s like you are living in my house! That’s EXACTLY how it was. I was always doing all the things and he was always sitting on the couch playing games on his phone. A “grown” man.

Thank you!

It is awful at first, but it does not compare to the first morning you wake-up and realize you don't have to worry about somebody getting upset, whining, complaining... Or worse... Watching you run around like crazy person trying to get things done while while they sit around like a bump on a log. Trust me, when that moment comes it is glorious and makes you realize they were never worth all the time and energy you wasted.

Stay strong!