Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Crippling sadness

Hi, I feel for you. I’m going through a second molar situation. I saw my GP and ask for some anti-depressants which have taken the edge off. I still feel sad of course, but less prone to crying and no more private thoughts of ‘should I just end it all?’

Try to notice when things are getting ‘heavy’ metal health-wise for you. No one knows yourself better than you. Allow yourself to grieve your loss, but put a time limit on it. What I mean is-it’s ok to feel crap and lie in bed all day long for a day, so long as the next day you make yourself get up, get dressed and go for a walk. Or sit in a quiet corner of a cafe and ‘people watch.’ Bake, clean your house, read books and magazines to distract your mind. Put some upbeat background music on. Give yourself a home facial. Write a journal. Write your troubles (anonymously) on a piece of paper, then fold it and float it down a river and watch your troubles fade into the distance.

Please be kind to yourself. At times it can feel like no one understands, or everyone is too busy to care, and that you are feeling completely abandoned and alone. Join meet up groups, watch Netflix, rest when you feel tired, but most of all-please know that you are not alone. There are thousands of other women behind closed doors, who also feel sad and lonely. Many buy a pet for company and to break the silence when you’re alone in the evenings.

If you feel truly down in the dumps-either go to bed early to give your brain a rest from the stress, or call a counselling 24/7 service and chat to a worker at n confidence. Things will get better for you over time. you might not be able to see that at the moment while you’re in the thick of it, but believe me, your life will improve and will become happier. Until then, practice self-care & try to allow yourself some positive experiences. Ps. Mindfulness and yoga are also helpful :)