Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Feeling lost

I have shifted from my husband place, as he was very abusive and selfish, I picked up my stuff from his place yesterday and moved to a new place. I feel sad of not knowing about my future if things will be okay or if I will be facing challenges with my divorce as he never accepts his faults, always put it on me that I did something so he did something. I don't know what to do. Feeling is difficult that what if I am not able to socialize as I am an introvert, what if I am not able to do things the way I want them to happen.
It feels sad as today is my first day being alone in a room after separation. All thoughts are rushing to me.
There are so many things I need to do. My roommate is also bit standard as compared to me and she hasn't shifted here yet, which also makes me feel bit of a backwards.
I am feeling sad and different.

Re: Feeling lost

Hello Sss.

I can totally relate to you in every way. I am an introvert. I remember feeling sad. I devoted my whole life to my husband, and I remember feeling lost when the marriage ended and I got my own place. I did not know what to do with all that time because it was always about my marriage. As introverts sometimes it’s hard to socialize and make new friends but the truth is we don't need a wide circle of friends, a few trusted friends will do. I understand not knowing about my future and if things will be okay. May you be encouraged that God declares He has plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). My favorite is God said He will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten...You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God (Joel 2:25-26).