Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Still contemplating divorcing my husband

I'm sorry you are going through this.
Are you still seeing a therapist? If not, that might help you work through your feelings, choices and options.

The last few years of my marriage, I really just carved out my own life without him. I emotionally distanced myself from him; not necessarily ideal, but it helped me cope. I hate to hear that you don't have a friend group. Are their activities you can do or groups that you can join?

I took an exercise class each week, a spin class, and we talked and chatted alot during class - made some good friends there.

I know it is harder with young children.
Have you met with a divorce attorney? That might be a good place to start. They would be able to talk to you about your legal options, would you be entitled to alimony? How much child support could you expect.

Do you have family close who can support you?
Can you create your own space in your home? Move into another bedroom.

Good luck!
Kelly

Hi. Please do not wait. You may become too resentful to see clearly years down the road. I’m living now 25 years later regretting how I feel and did not change my situation sooner. Your children will learn to deal and cope as parents teach them. Must love you and how you are feeling first!! The kids second. Him well he is selfish and let me tell it will become much harder to be emotionally available for your children if you are swallowing pain,anger and tolerating this unacceptable behavior. Love yourself. Think of him as he is weak. Sorry I am looking from the outside in.

Hi, I don't have much advice but to offer support. I have been in a divorce/not divorce situation for the past 3 years. I also have small children and worry about what life would be like as a split family. Tonight my husband said he wants a divorce (again) and I think this is finally it. We have argued/discussed divorce many times but somehow talked our way back in. We have only been married almost 6 years and basically roommates since having kids. We argue a lot and can't seem to get along. I am terrified of what this will be like, will I be able to afford our home, will I be able to support my kids, how will I deal with missing them when they are with their dad, how will I handle being a single parent, will this crush my kids? Deep down I think divorce is best, I don't think we were ever compatible, but it still scares me. I am sorry to hear you are still dealing with this a year later. Good luck, neither option is ideal and both will be hard, stay and continue as you are, or divorce and deal with big changes.