Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big Decision

I’ve been separated from my husband of 27 years for about 3 years, but we still kind of act like a married couple and we are more like friends instead of spouses. I still go out to the house and hang out pretty much every day with him and our boys and their wives. We have 2 boys who are grown but still live on the home place. My dilemma is I can’t imagine my life without him but I am not attracted to him. I know if I divorced him my relationship with my boys would be damaged. They are very close to their dad and I am afraid they wouldn’t want to have much to do with me if I went through with a divorce. Ive been living 2 lives for all these years keeping each part separate somehow. I have a boyfriend who I love and adore but I know my boys wouldn’t like him. I can’t fathom my life without my boys and I know I wouldn’t be totally happy without them. I don’t have grandchildren yet but when I do I want to be a part of their lives. I worry about my husband being alone. He is 13 years older than me. I’m so confused and torn. I’m tired of feeling constantly guilty. The stress is killing me and it’s all I can think about.

Re: Big Decision

Are you a drug addict? That's not a joke. I mean it honestly. Are you on drugs and is your boyfriend your dealer?

Hi, I’m curious as to why you believe your adult sins would cut you off from seeing them and also any future children they may have? That seems a pretty full-on assumption?

Maybe going to the homestead every day is not a good idea. It’s sending mixed messages: Either you are separated…or you’re not? It’s ok to visit-maybe even once a week-but every day???

Do they all visit you? Or is it you going to them all the time? If the latter-then maybe the person who would find it too hard an emotional separation, is actually yourself? Just saying…

Sons! Not ‘sins!’

Ps-Cosette. Seek counselling for your attitude-problem.