Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 20 years marriage is ending

Thank you KAZ.

He didn't care that much about the kids. Since I am a stay at home mom, I have to take care the kids all the day plus cooking, grocery, and everything.

He thought he was the man who earned the money to support the family, so I need to do all the house chores.

We knew each other for 26 years. I trust him until the truth be disclosed. I also noticed he secretly spend or hiding $30,000 or $40,000 during the past few years.

Any suggestions for that?

If the money was in a joint account, get bank statements printed out, then go through each one, line by line to see when/how money was spent.

If he’s hidden money, where might he put it or spend it? An expensive vehicle? A boat? How did you ‘notice?’ What piqued your suspicion? Whatever it was, try to trace a ‘breadcrumb’ trail backwards from there.

He usually deposit part of salary into joint account for living cost, but there is significant amount decrease than before.

I did not pay that much attention about the money because I thought he is a trustable guy and we will spend the rest of life together. Until I found his secret ...

Hello Ann,

Very sorry to hear about your situation- in the book "20 Years Gone: A Divorce Story" (out on Amazon and Google Books), the author, Dorian Wright, experienced similar issues of finding out that their spouse was a different person than whom they thought they had married.

I recommend picking up a copy of the book for tips, and also consulting a lawyer (which is also highly recommended in that book). That author's lawyer also recommended that they keep a daily log of oddities that they were observing, as that documentation could be used as testimony during the divorce hearing.

Thank you!
Our state is no fault divorce, so no matter what he did during the marriage, there was not cost for him.

I will read the book you recommended.

I always worry about him because he always said he was depression. And he always asked free time to go outside by himself to release the pressure . But the truth is, he was not depression at all, he was just happy with many other ladies when he went out alone.

This is the most thing hurt me.