Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seperation after 20 years

Hi, is anyone there? Can anyone please help me move on and accept my seperation? Any advice is welcome. I am stuck. I am sad I am broken and feel worthless and I just need to know it gets easier because right now I can't see this pain ever ending.

Re: Seperation after 20 years

Hello

I can’t tell you that it will get easier as am in the same situation as you. I’ve been married for 23 year and find myself separating and probably getting a divorce. What I can tell you is that it’s going to be ok, I truly believe that. I haven’t been happy in my marriage for many many years and after over two years of waking up in tears, This morning I woke up happy( ok well at least optimistic) I suddenly realised that I deserve happiness and my previous partner could not give be that. I don’t know what the future holds for either of us or any woman going through a similar situation but I do know that it will all be ok In the end. Great things are ahead for us both!!xx

Hello, I am also going through a similar situation. My husband and I separated 3 months ago after 18 years together. The decision was not mine, and I am struggling with the loss of my best friend. We also have three daughters together, who are struggling as well. The only advice I can give you, is seek counseling and take every day one day at a time. We will get better, and everything will be okay! Hang in there!

I’m only starting on this road, but I know from seeing it up close many times as a kid that it will be ok. It’s terrifying because it’s change, a leap into the unknown, and the unknown is scary. I’m scared myself. But then I think about the fact that I’ve been completely miserable, that I haven’t been able to talk to my partner about anything for years, that this is setting a terrible example of what this should look like for my kids, and that none of my emotional needs can be met in this relationship, and I feel willing to leap into the unknown. Good luck