Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So lost...

3 months ago, my husband of 18.5 years told me we needed to separate. He explained that he had been unhappy in our marriage for 6 years and was at his wits end. I, however, never saw it coming. I knew we were in a funk, but I never thought we would be where we are now. I have spent the last 3 months fighting for my marriage, only to find out that he had a new girlfriend the week I left our house. The really ****ty thing is, him and I have still been sleeping together throughout this entire separation. He keeps telling me that we will work it out, and get back together, but I also know I can't wait for him my entire life either. We have three daughters who are struggling so much that they are having a hard time living their daily lives. My youngest has been talking about self-harm, my middle daughter has been having mental breakdowns, and my oldest is falling behind in school. Part of me is so mad at my husband for being so selfish, but then I also feel like I deserve better. However, my heart still aches and loves for him. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Re: So lost...

Oh honey, I’m sorry. He’s found himself a soft landing, and is ******* with your head. Focus on your kids—get some family counseling, lean on friends if you have any. And lawyer up—find the most aggressive lawyer you can, and quick—before your ex has put them all on retainer.

What can a person do to keep life nor al

I feel you on this one. My husband left me 4 years ago while I was going through cancer. He said he was already planning on leaving me prior to my diagnosis, but then I found out he was cheating on me and the timing was bad for HIM. Messed up thing is, we are separated but still act very much married, even though I know he's had a girlfriend for 3 years, and recently started sleeping with a female co-worker of his (he told me). I feel so embarrassed that I am still in love with him, and would take him back. He plays with my emotions all the time. We do deserve better, this is so difficult. We have a son together and I know it hurts him. If you find some good advise, please share.