Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Can I be forced to sell without a court order

You might need to consult an attorney, but I don't think he can force you to do anything without a court order. How is he going to force you? Just threaten and badger you??

You probably need to find out exactly what you can and need to do from your attorney.

Stay strong and good luck!
Kelly

Re: Can I be forced to sell without a court order

Thanks Kelly , I did talk to two attorneys , He cant force anything without an order , He is threatening to sue to get an order to force the sell on the grounds he can't get a loan so he claims it's causing him damages ect. His suit is being fueled by his anger so he's reaching for anything . He's mad because back when we split my home was not worth much and when he left I had to make up missed payments , Now that I've paid on it for years and its worth a lot more he's regretting giving it up . At the moment I don't have any legal obligation to do anything for him. Last week he actually texted me and apologized for sicking his lawyer on me and threatening suit ,I have no idea what he will do next .Sue me , don't sue me IDK anymore , but I recently found out all the statutes of limitations have run .