Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The pain is unbearable

Why wait passively like a sitting duck? In 3 days of you leaving, he didn't even try to contact you, plus now he's already texting someone else?! I think he probably already mentally had 1 foot out the door, a long time ago :(

You say you needed his help, but he didn't reply. You dealt with the situation on your own therefore, but rather than praise you, he picked a fight/blamed you for the choice of tenant. Why didn't he reply at the time? Where was he? Who was he with????

I'd be mentally setting a 'deadline.' For example-"If he hasn't made any effort to reconcile with me within the next two weeks (which is plenty of time), then I'll take it our marriage is over and I'll file for divorce so I can move forward and create space in my life for someone new to come into my life who will be kind, loving, loyal and to whom I'm attracted." In the meantime, can you look at getting legal advice? Can one of you keep one home and the other move into the investment rental maybe? See a lawyer in case he's already running to one! Know your rights.

You never know, he may come back to you-but if he does-how would you feel about that, given he may have been texting another woman? (Or maybe it was just a friend and not an affair?)

Set a deadline. 🙏