Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ex husband texts....

Married 34 years...He's probably missing you and trying to guilt you into going back to him. Does he have any other close family members who can check in on him/ask how he is? Maybe that would help take the pressure/attention off you???

I agree with Becky, it sounds like he is trying to guilt trip you in taking him back and caring for him. Unfortunately, I can definitely relate to Narcissistic ways, my spouse is the same way. He finds any reason to play victim to everyone else and to me at times, but fails to share or accept all the things he did for me to make the divorce decision.
What has been helping me alot is distractions. I signed up for the gym and started going daily and I do a lot of outside activities. Maybe keeping your mind off things will help.
I've had to communicate to my spouse SEVERAL times to give me my space, maybe communicating it to him a few times won't hurt as well. Are you comfortable with blocking him? Or making his communications not show as notifications?

Hi
I cannot block him because we still manage our business together....and I do not feel comfortable talking to him because I do know that he will manipulate me to get into his life ...And right now my life is more peaceful .
I just wish him that he will have his own life to live and I will have my .
Getting sick can happen to anyone ...we just have to think positive
Thank you for your suggestions

Hello
Since we still manage our business together we only comunícate with texts if it is important ....I know that a handiman that works for him only Has been taking him to the doctors appointments and also kind of caring for him in the same time .
The reason I know that is I seen the online banking for the joint account that we have and he is paying him check and the memo says (home care)
I am glad and relieved that someone is helping him.
He has a sister but her husband does not get along with me ex and I do not know if they have been in contact.