Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Am I responsible for his health condition?

Good Morning
Thank you for reading my story.
Actually my Adults Kids does not want their father on their life either because of the way he treated me and also them, they are very happy that I will file for divorce .
They never had a father and son/ daughter relationship either, because he liked to control Everyone.
I am scary/afraid if I decide to help him somehow After my divorce , my husband will trap/manipulate me to stay in this marriage because I am a weak person to say No .

I would say that no, you are not responsible for him.
But, you can choose to help him if he needs it or do what you can to facilitate his finding medical help should he need.

It is up to you to do as much or as little as you choose to help him. Also, would it be meaningful or helpful to your children to help their father out. Sometimes we worry that if we don't step up to help out our ex- that it would fall on our children to step up.

But, then maybe your children could step up to help their father if needed. You would know that situation best.

Good luck!
Kelly

Thank you for reading my story.

I am afraid if I help him I will be to weak and not continue with the divorce because he can be manipulative.

And my Adults kids did not have a Father and Son/Daughter relationship through out their years so they do not want their Father in their life and also because the way he treated me.

Most of my Friends and Families is happy for me and they keep questioning how did I survive these marriage for that long .
They all are saying that my decision is for the best and I will have more peace in my life. (Which is True)

They all knew what kind of personality he have.

I am in the same boat as you, I also have a husband with a serious medical condition. I am planning on divorcing him but guilt has stopped me. But, as people have told me, he made his bed, he made choices and now has to live with the consequences of those choices. I no longer feel guilty about leaving. You shouldn’t feel guilty, you have a right to be happy and if that is no longer with him, then so be it.

Best of luck