Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: need advise

Hi Sophia,

If the house is yours and you pay for everything, you don't have to let him stay. Since you have been together so long I can understand it may be hard to get him to leave. I would discuss with him a timeline for him to find his own place. Set a time that he needs to leave by, two weeks, four weeks, etc.

Start moving his stuff out of the common areas, restrict him to one bedroom. Don't feed him, buy stuff for him - don't make it easy or convenient for him to stay.

I assume he's a grown man and can be expected to go support himself.

Good luck,
Kelly

Re: need advise

Both of us is 60 years old. He is veteran and has cancer that is not active now. I did set a time line for him to move, but he gets disability and that is not enough for him to rent an appartment. We leave in NJ and the rent is high. I am trying to do everything that you advise, but I still do not understand how the person who had everything can give up on relationship without trying, but it was his choice and now both of us have to leave with it, but not in my house.

I am worried that I would have to go to court and ask the judge to evict him. Otherwise he will never move