Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Appointment scheduled, excited, nervous, feeling guilty…

Thank you for the encouragement. I have to worry about myself and daughters right now and making sure we are secure. I’m putting my guilt away, he doesn’t deserve my sympathy really.

Smitty,

You are right, you deserve to be happy. I used to feel guilty about leaving my husband since he has an illness. One that will need eventual full time care for. But, he choose to cheat, and lie to me several times it was over, he made his bed. He has no one to blame other than himself. I am a huge believer in karma, it always catches up, no matter what.

Good luck and don’t feel guilty

Thank you! I needed that today. I did speak to an attorney today he was pretty business and like not warm and fuzzy but I guess that’s the way they have to be he explained to me the laws the law and that I’m entitled to half of what he has the thing is when he gets served he’s going to flip right out. my husband has a very good job he has stocks he has money markets and retirement we have separate accounts so I do not know what’s in his account but he is going to fight this the entire way because he doesn’t wanna give me anything I am sure of it. I did make an appointment to see another attorney on Tuesday at two she’s a woman with a lot of experience and I really liked them also so we’ll see what they have to say because in the end I know the laws the law but I have to be comfortable with who I’m working with . When I got home once again he was being nasty so he is just poking the bear because I’ve been on the fence about doing this and he’s going to push me over the fence. I know it’s some thing that needs to be done because I can’t live like this the rest of my life I would like to be happy .