Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lost in love

My husband and I have been separated for close to four years. Not legally, just physically. He has had a girlfriend for three of those years. My husband was the one who left me, and our son, the year I was diagnosed with cancer. He has put me through so much crap, and I still stay emotionally attached to him because he tells me he's "lost" in his life. He doesn't leave his girlfriend, despite telling me all the time he's still in love with me. He says he doesn't want to hurt her. This changes every other week. We still very much act like we're a couple, but as soon as stuff gets real, and he feels like he is being made to make a decision between me or the girlfriend, he changes his tune. I wish I had the guts to finally file for divorce. I tell him that I am going to do it and he love bombs me...it's a vicious cycle. I am so lost in love.

Re: Lost in love

If one of your best friends told you this story, what advice would you offer? Treat yourself at least as good as you’d treat a friend.

If one of your best friends told you this story, what advice would you offer? Treat yourself at least as good as you’d treat a friend.

I think therapy would be a good place for you to start. You are worth so much more. Don’t listen to words, listen to actions. He’s showing you how he feels about you. Once you break free of the co-decency, then you can heal. It starts with loving yourself first