Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ending my 20 year marriage

On my birthday my husband says he probably wants a divorce. After that I was done. I spoke to several lawyers and found one I really liked. He was gone all day as usual and I texted that we need to talk about divorce since he promised we could talk thing through. He never responded, called or texted back. He came home after we were all asleep as usual and didn't say anything the next day. I texted I was filing as soon as possible. I got the lawyer and started filling out the paperwork. 2 days later he filed for divorce with his own lawyer. When I talked to him he said "I had to do something because you were making moves. Anyways, its not set in stone. We could always retract it." And so my journey begins...

Re: Ending my 20 year marriage

I retracted twice after filing for divorce twice. I only wish I hadn’t and had gone through with the first divorce. There is a reason you are filing other than him saying he THINKS he wanted a divorce.If.you dig deep I’d bet you don’t think you.know you need and want a divorce

Re: Ending my 20 year marriage

I retracted once and I wish I wouldn’t have. I now know what I need to do and should have done. When I file again, there will be NO GOING BACK! I simply can’t put up with the lies and betrayal, I can’t keep wondering if he will once again turn to the woman he had an affair with, a woman who threatened and harassed me. I now say, she can have him, good luck with a man who leaves the one person he vowed to love, honor, cherish and protect. By the way, she’s married as well!