Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Deciding to leave after 49 years

Couldn’t stay in my marriage anymore. Husband meant a women four years ago she gave him this story that she has cancer and needed help. So for the last four years he has sent her money every month. All our retirement money is gone our stocks. We got behind on bills so now we have to file bankruptcy. Our house will be gone because we are behind on taxes. So right now I have nothing. I’m so mad what am I to do at age 69. The excuse he gave was awful he said she needed his help someone we didn’t even know. Of course this whole thing turned out to be a scam. My two sons are helping me but I can’t lean on them they have their own family with kids that are in college. Here I am at this point in my life getting help through the government with my apartment and food and other things. But thank goodness but if not for that I’d still be with him because I’d have no place to go. Worst part this is not the first time he’s been with another woman he was seeing one when I was going through breast cancer nine years ago. I stayed because I thought marriage is not easy and you just have to work harder at it. But I’m tired and I just want to relax now . This is really hard but all my friends and family say I’m strong . I cry a lot at night I just want to get my own place and be settled.

Re: Deciding to leave after 23 years

Thank you Diana, yes, I have considered seeing a counselor and need to do it. No clue where to start to find one but I guess that's not an excuse. It's so exhausting. I'm sorry for your situation too. It's almost more painful to realize that they would rather "keep you" than get divorced and let you be happy. I have no interest in having a legally obligated roommate for the rest of my life. Best of luck to you too.