Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Confused and frustrated

My husband of 26 yrs, been together >40yrs, started an emotional affair with another woman about a year ago. I found out in Dec. We decided to divorce in Feb. Since he doesn't work a regular job, he asked if I could continue to support him while he looks for work and some place to live.
Well it's June already and nothing in sight. He goes on trips and I'm left home to wonder if he's with his girlfriend and rage.
I know I shouldn't care about his whereabouts etc, but I cannot seem to let go. What to do?

Re: Confused and frustrated

Is your divorce still in process? Has the court ordered you to continue to support him and does he get to remain in the home. If not what are you thinking? Respect yourself because he is using you! How can he pay for these trips. Please don’t give another thing unless you are required to by the courts. You are worth way more than this.

No divorce is not filed for, I know I need to soon.

Divorce is one of the scariest things you will ever do especially after a long term marriage. I let my ex bully me for decades. When I finally had enough I knew I would never look back. Knowledge is power. If you can consult with an attorney. and do so as soon as possible
Keep your cards close to your.vest. Being prepared by gathering records and documents makes the process so much easier. He has shown you who he is and it isn’t good. Do not support him. Save all the money you can which you will need. So many women give away the farm trying to save the marriage and it never seems to work. You will feel so many emotions. Divorced now for 2 years and my life is now my own and I am at peace.