Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ending my marriage of 19 years

My husband and I stopped sleeping together because he had a leg amputation and wasn’t comfortable and had to have more room so he said. Well I would try to get him to be intimate and he wouldn’t have anything to do with me. Then I find he’s been messing around on me for 2 months. So I leave and he begs me to come home and talk to him and says he hasn’t done anything else since he admitted what he was doing, so his phone goes off and is sitting beside me and I see it’s one of the women and he had been talking to her that day, the day before that and every day for awhile as well as sharing nudes back and forth and telling her he loves her, but it’s not just her, there was another woman to. Now he’s begging me still and says he loves me but I know he just wants me there to clean and cook for him and to help him shower and whatever else, he doesn’t want me for me. I’m very hurt as we was friends for 9 years, got together and been together 21 years and married 19 years, all I can do is cry

Re: Ending my marriage of 19 years

Betrayal really hurts. Maybe it has something to do with his self esteem after his amputation. Regardless it is cheating. How many chances does he deserve. It looks as if he has used all his chances and more.I was married 43 years. When it comes down to it the time together means nothing . Don’t wasted your life as I have done.

Re: Ending my marriage of 19 years

Lily

I was abit confused by your post of 43 years. Doesn't much matter as it's all so very devastating. I don't know your circumstances but it sounds like you are very hurt. It's all so very difficult wether it's emotional, financial or anything else. I've been divorced for 15 months and I'm still grieving and trying to move on. Most days are a struggle but I choose to carry on in spite of the betrayal I feel. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you but all I can offer is that it very slowly gets a bit better. There is life after divorce but I'm still trying to find it. My heart goes out to you. Counseling can help if you can find the right one. I have not. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you continue this journey.
You have a beautiful name!