Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I do not believe my husband

I discovered that my husband of 25yrs booked a day of boat sailing which I did not about it … I asked him what was this reservation for and he told me it was a surprise for me , and I found out from my sister in law (my brother wife)that as soon as he found out that I discovered this surprise ,he called her asking that she knew about this surprise was for me if in case I would call her ( which was a lie) she did not know anything about this surprise .
I am sure this surprise was for someone else.
Even though I still think that surprise was not for me to go with him, we ended up going, and also he had booked a hotel reservation for that night for couple of hours .
Who is he fooling ?

Do you all think that this reservation was meant to be for me?
What do you think??

Re: I do not believe my husband

Something in your gut is telling you something is wrong with this SURPRISE. How was he during this date with you? Was there a special occasion he wanted to acknowledge? Are there other reasons for your suspicions. If he is having an affair now he will be more cautious! The thing that Sounds odd is getting a room for a couple of hours why not over night? If he did just want to do something nice for you you wouldn’t want to spoil that.The bad thing is if he is straying what are you prepared to do about it? Protect yourself both physically and financially

There was no occasion to celebrate that night and he just treated me the same way as always.
He does like to flirt at work and he says is just business nothing else.
I do feel that he have someone to talk to when we get into an arguments.
I do not know what to do.?
And also I was not prepared to go to this boat trip that I need it to dress up, paint my nails, do my hair in the last minute when I found out.
After he found out what I knew he was pushing me to go even though I did not want to go.
Even my sister in law was puzzled when he called her, it did not sound right because he was pushing her to tell me that she knew about this Surprise.
I do not if I can trust him anymore.

If something is going on you will eventually find out one way or another. Contacting your sister-in-law raised a red flag for sure. Does he spend a lot of time on the phone or computer at night? Does he work late or weekends. If he was planning the trip with someone else maybe you calling him out scared him straight and that would be the end of it if there is something going on. Protect your self in case. Keep a close tab on finances. Don’t get caught off guard. What would you want to do about it if he is cheating. Would there be a second chance,, offer marriage counseling. I think coming from a place of conviction and strength is always best. Such as you are mistaken if you think I will stand for this.Never threaten and not follow through. So think about what
you are willing to do in case. I would hope this is all just innocent.

Thank you so much for your suggestions 🤗