Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ex Husband Wishes

What’s that saying silence is golden. I have been married twice. I have remained close friends with my first ex for over fifty years. We were only married five years. He is a good man. My second husband whom I was married to 43 years sounds like your soon be ex. I have no contact at all with him nor do I ever care to ever again. It took 4 years to settle my divorce also over property. Sounds like you certainly did the right thing by not responding.

Thank you for responding Lily
43 years of marriage It was a long one too.
Sorry that did not worked out too
When I filed for divorce he was shocked because during the argument We had in 2020 I was afraid of him of things he said to me and I just walked away while he was in another room without telling him that I was filing for divorce .
I know it sounds cold hearted but that day on Oct 2020
He said “ Lily you are lucky to be alive” I got scared and walked away and that was the last time I saw him.
I still till now have all my belongings at the house.
Hopefully my divorce will be finalized soon 🤞🙏

Take care of yourself 🤗

Sorry I didn't read entire thread. I understand a bit better now. Funny (odd) my ex said the exact same words to me. We are stronger than we think and I hope you will find that strength

I am So Sorry Lily
My apologies to write your name
It is my name he said
I meant to say
He told me “Stela you are lucky to be alive” during the argument we had in 2020

Unfortunately I had to continue to live in the same house with him for about a year. The court would not remove him.We had a heated disagreement and he gripped my neck and proceeded to strangled me. As I was blacking out my 14 year old granddaugher charged him and he lost his balance causing him to let go.She saved my life as he was literally killing me. He was arrested and not allowed back in my house ever again. He had no remorse and made himself out to be the victim. I had a three year restrainting order which is up now. I also sued him after I settled the divorce and without going to trial was given 47000. Now that you disclosed he threatened you please continue to have no contact with him!

So Sorry you had to go through this horrible things he did to you :(
Sometimes I think that any arguments that a person have in general everything comes out from your mouth that a person don’t meant it right?
Do you think by saying this horrible thing to me was he serious ?
Because when I told him “how can you say this to your own wife and the mother of your two kids” he did not react and said nothing
He does suffer with panic attacks for over 30 years and he take medicine for him to relax , maybe his medicine make him say this things!
To this day I still don’t know Why? He said that to me :(
Thank you again Lily
Wish you luck and stay safe 🙏