Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Divorced for 1 1/2 years already

Since I am the one that filed for divorce the only thing we have been doing together once in a while if needed is texting to each each other which is strictly business related only.
I have not seen him either and I do not intend to see him either.
My life is full of serenity after I filed for divorce to a person that was controlling and argumentative for things that was irrelevant he even like to argue for simple things that did not needed to be mad about .
I had enough of his angry ways, moody personalities, no empathy and also after 3 decades of marriage we did not have anything to talk about , all we would talk was about business related nothing else.

Out of no where today he texting asking me if I took the two booster shots and if I did not choose Moderna , I did not bother to answer.
Some of my friends and families had told me how did I stayed and handled his personality for so many years ….
Did I do the right thing not answering?
Thanks 😊

Re: Divorced for 1 1/2 years already

You did the right thing if you don't want to be open to him being a part of your life now. It is so hard not to second guess yourself and even wonder, or at least I do, if his hatefulness and gaslighting is my fault. I have to stay strong and look for a future without someone always making me the guilty party always and blaming me for everything. I find waking in the mornings is the hardest knowing there is no one there with me in the house, but as the day goes on I think about some of the hurtful and hateful things done and said. If you are happy at peace and afraid to get ensnared in a future relationship however platonic, you have to have belief you did the right thing for yourself. Hope that gives some insight.