Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is it funny or weird ?

I am a Grandma to my 3 yrs old Granddaughter I never ever have so much fun or laugh so much with her than my 33 years of marriage of the little things she says (so sweet) my life during my 33 years of marriage was so dull, boring , moody personality husband and he always have something to complaint about me and my kids , controlling , narcissist , no romantic, he have anger issues always think that he is right etc… I even do not know why I stayed or staying with him that long .
“Love is blind”
My life now have been so much Joyful and happy .Every time I spend time with my Granddaughter and stay for couple of hours my husband will call me and ask me
“Am I coming home soon” or he will say “Don’t stay too long” I get so mad when he says that , instead of him coming and Join me too, even when I go out with my best friend he will say the same thing 😡

I feel Happy more than ever , more than being with my husband of 33 years . Now I know what happiness and love is .
Married to him has been lonely.
In my mind I feel like divorcing but I am too old to get divorce (62 years old) so I can be free and do whatever I want and go wherever I want to so I cannot put up with a grouchy husband .
God Bless
Stay safe 🙏

Re: Is it funny or weird ?

Divorce is difficult for sure, I did not find my age to be a issue.I was 68 years old and married 43 years. I think you should spend as much time with your granddaughter as you like. It sounds like you have made this situation work for you. Enjoy your life even if he is not enjoying his.

Hi Lily
Thank you for responding :)
Did you ever felt regretting your divorce after so many years of marriage?
If you were in my shoes would you file for divorce so he can leave me alone so I do not have to put up with his attitude and moodiness ?
(Thank God I am financially well if I decide to get divorce)
Thank you again
God Bless

This is just my opinion and what I am doing now. Your husband sound exactly like mine and even friends and family have noticed how hateful and argumentative he is with me. He gaslights, has an excuse for EVERYTHING, takes no personal responsibility and does not know what the words mean, "I'm sorry." We've been together for 15 years but married only 2 1/2. I have actually "kicked" him out having my last upset and argument with him. I'm NOT filing for divorce as I have no intention of ever marrying again at my age, I'm 70. If he wants one he can pay. I own my house which he moved into and if by law I have to give him an eviction notice to keep him out I will. Since you say you are financially secure, I would just ask him to leave, if he doesn't and both your names are on the deed sell the house out from under him. At our age, life is too short to spend our remaining years unhappy. That is of benefit to no one and if your husband is like mine, which he sounds like he is, I would think long and hard about leaving him. It is an adjustment being alone but it can become full again in a myriad and fulfilling way. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Personally I don’t think my age was a issue for me. Divorce laws vary from state to state. I wish I had done more homework on what to expect. Being married for 43 years wasn’t a problem for me either only that I feel like I threw most of my life away. I never missed him one second. My advice is to do all your homework and know your rights. Even thought you have had your home prior to your marriage he may have some claim to any increase it’s value for the period you were married. My advice is to protect yourself financially. What if they become sick? You may be responsible for their care. Marriage is a legal contract and you are bond by the rules of that contract in your state. Arm yourself with knowledge which will help you decide your next move. Keep your information to yourself and don’t share it with them. I wish you both well.Doing nothing could actually come back to bite you. There are legal separations as well as divorces.