Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 36 years of marriage

Do you love him and want to stay with him?

He sounds like my ex who sent his 86 year old father with Alzheimer’s out of our home alone in his car. Thank God the police found him and had him put into a rest home. My ex would not have anything to do with him. When they called to tell my ex he died my ex said “what do you want me to do about it”. In the first place he might get sick before you as he is older and a male. Do you have any children? Leaving something so important as your care to someone of his character may not be the best thing for you. I preach to do your homework on the subject. A lot of times we think we know what the laws are and we don’t. Divorce isn’t always your only option. But leaving important issues to chance could hurt you in the end.

9/4/22
Hi. I don't see a date on your message and I'm very new to this site. I too am in a 36 year marriage and have some of the same issues that you described. I was just thinking the other day that if I had a stroke or something I would not be able to count on him. I would want to go into a facility too other than be around him. He is a gaslighter and has been putting me through some really serious situations for three years.
Given that I don't know the date of your message I would like to know how your doing now.