Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Divorce after 42 years

Hi, I am going through this right now! We have been together for 43 years. I am 63 years old and it's just not working anymore.
After he retired which is only a few months ago, he still expects me to do things for him...:( told him Im not his maid, cook or whatever he expects me to be. It seems we don't have much in common, even after being together so many years. We have to grown up kids that side with him. I have worked outside the home, I took care of EVERYTHING !!!! Surprise he didn't ask me to wipe his ass.
He always sided with his mother who never liked me from day one.
This is a whole entire story, I am going through a bad depression right now. I feel all kinds of emotions, found this website want to know im not alone.

Hi Tish, I just happened upon this web site today.
I have been going through the divorce process for a year now and am hoping I can get some sense of closure since we just had mediation. This is the end of a yearlong divorce. We need to sign the final documents and then we are divorced.
Married and together for 37 years. After my husband retired six years ago, we seemed to go in different directions emotionally. A year ago, I could see that our marriage was failing, and I said those words "I want a divorce". So, he filed the Petion for divorce.
About six months ago I started experiencing a deep depression. I lost 64 pounds. I couldn't eat. I was only getting an hour of sleep and my body said SHUT DOWN. Thanks to my sisters and doctor I made it. I had to go on antidepressants and had a lot of support from my family and doctor.

Tish, reach out to your support system. I joined divorce support group in my area, and they helped me so much. I was able to verbally express my feelings (which were all over the place).
I felt like this was the hardest thing in my life to overcome.
It's been a year now and I am still feeling overwhelmed but able to function. Big hug to you Tish.

Thank you Janet, I am still struggling and unsure what happens next. The other day I had to put a pillow on my face and kept screaming into it until I couldn't scream anymore. Then the tears came and I started to pray for a resolution that I know will take time. I truly appreciate you reaching out, hugs to you also.