Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cyber affairs

I am very frustrated with my husband and feel that mediation/divorce is the only solution. My husband continues to lie to me. He has a history of gambling. My daughter recently showed me several inappropriate sexual messages he has sent to scantily clad women in their 20's. He's 68. I put up with stuff for years when my kids were little. Plus, finances were a problem. I'm still concerned about finances but I've done the math and I can afford to live without his money. He has a lot of medical bills which I am paying because he can't pay bills. Since the kids are grown, I feel no reason to stay married. We still live in the same house, which isn't paid off I feel like he should be the one to move out. We went to counseling years ago and he even lied to the counselor. He blames me for his abusive behavior, saying I have an "anger " problem. He's never hit me but he is emotionally, and verbally abusive. I appreciate anything you can tell me. Cathyw262@gmail.com

Re: Cyber affairs

Hi Cathy,

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. The only thing I can tell you is that there is no point in continuing a marriage that has lost its foundation and sanctity. A marriage is based on trust, love and mutual respect. It is evident that none of those three fundamental values exist in your marriage and therefore the best decision will be to get separated.
I really hope that this helps and you muster the courage to do what's right for you.