Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Feels like I was scammed

It’s interesting that even before marrying him, you were reluctant, despite already having been together for 10 years at that point. I’m guessing therefore, that he’d already shown behaviours towards you that made you wary of him?

Life is too short to be miserable/unhappy. It sounds as if he used gas-lighting against you regarding when you had to go out of town I.e- He made a ridiculous accusation against you, which then compelled you to have to try to protest your innocence. A no-win situation for you.

Maybe start doing some research about how you’ll manage financially, accommodation-wise and legally if you leave the marriage. Where will you live? Do some fact-finding and use this time to start gathering ‘evidence’ of all your individual and joint assets and debts-to prepare for divorce. Once the other spouse gets wind of the fact you’re considering leaving the marriage, things can turn ugly, quickly. So use this interim time to plan, organise, seek legal and financial advice.

Wishing you well with whatever choice you make.

Re: Feels like I was scammed

Thank you. I will be fine since I've been taking care of the bills and made more money than he did. When he was working he did the bare minimum and didn't help around the house. I would have to ask if I needed him to do something. Odd thing is when he did accuse me of cheating he would bring up 'divorce' but has yet to file. He would tell me if I didn't stop sleeping around he would divorce me. My reply 'go right ahead'. I still plan on filing the paperwork as soon as I can gather up enough money and I will take it from there because I know he is going to make this very difficult.