Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: To stay or leave my narcissist husband

*sigh* I am at work, trying not to cry b/c I ID with you so much right now. Last night, it was the last straw. I told my husband finally that one more outburst and I was divorcing him. The same thing happens to me - I'm told that he wants to know how I feel, wants me to talk to him, but when I do, I have to pick and choose words otherwise I'm "dumb" "wrong" or "blaming everything on him" because I "am so perfect" and "can never do anything wrong". My heart literally drops when I think I need to have a real conversation with him b/c they always end in a fight with him screaming at me that I'm just trying to win and acting like a teenager. I try to quietly speak to him in a rational manner and just get talked over, never getting a word in. My daughter and I walk on eggshells [exact words I told him last might] to try to make things go smoothly for him and not to upset him. He tells me that we are the ones that made it that way, that he never says anything. One little word or if he thinks someone has a tone, then we are against him and trying to be mean to him. It's ridiculous. I am so proud of you for moving out! I can't at this point. He got fired, decided he didn't want to go back to work since I took off four years to raise our daughter. So I am paying for everything at this point with my crappy income. Stay strong! I'm 20 years in on the 17th of this month, so count your starts you didn't waste as much time as I did. Sorry to rant on and on. I just identified with you so much and just found this website today. Good luck with your journey.

Re: To stay or leave my narcissist husband

Hugs AKM 🤗