Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Controlling Husband

Does a controlling person gets worst as a person age ?
My like to be controlling to me and my grown up kids
Is it ground for divorce ?
What do you think?
I had enough and sometimes I cannot express my feelings to him because he have anger issues .
Been with him for 24 years
I even don’t know why I am with him !?
Maybe because he was my first Love

Re: Controlling Husband

They definitely do not get better as they get older. I have been married 5 years to a controlling husband. I stupidly let him get away with his behaviour for the first 3-4 years of our marriage, thinking it would get easier and he would change. It has drained me so much. Still not easy to leave though, because you need to build your confidence back up.
It is 100% a valid reason to divorce though, no one should control you. With me, I don’t think it’s that I still love my husband that I stay, but because I feel sorry for him. I know he won’t cope without me. I don’t have children to focus on though. Sounds like you have children and can have a busy fulfilling life still without your husband.
I encourage you to divorce if he won’t change. Don’t make yourself miserable. Or at least ask him to go to counselling with you

I also feel Sorry for him…(he has no one close) not even our grown up Kids does not want to be involve or be there for their Father ever… he has delayed our daughter dreams to be a teacher instead she followed my husband wishes for her to be a lawyer (which she did ) but in the end she also got a degree to Teach and she is happy teaching (her dream came though without her father knowing )
I am sooooo proud of her :))
If I leave him he will be devastated
I am confused πŸ˜•
I want to leave this marriage more than anything but the thing that is making me stop is he will be all by himself
ALONE with his dogs 🐢 🐢🐢

I am thinking what will happen if he becomes sick 😷 when no one will be there (if I decide to leave I am not that kind of person that believes of being friend with an ex )
HELP!
Thank you

You are a kind person to worry about what would happen to him if you leave. But, sometimes we have to reap what we sow. If he ends up alone it would not be your fault, but his own.

Do what is best for you! I worry about my ex- husband also, but I don't have to be responsible for him forever. If I can take care of myself, so can he!

Good luck!
Kelly

File for divorce. Save yourself. Let him get on with it. Feeling sorry for him is not helping.