Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Husband refuses divorce over spousal support

Hi Carey
Sorry you are going through this situation.
I filed for divorce 1 1/2 year ago to an controlling husband not even our kids does not want nothing to do with him
(He lost his own family ) he did it himself
My divorce is not finalized because on various properties we built together he does not want to cooperate and like you said by law it needs to be divided equally even if I get 40% and him 60% I will be fine …, the problem is he is not cooperating and even his own lawyer told my lawyer that my husband is a difficult person to deal with , which I knew that would happen .
He is from an old school mentality that he thinks he can keep what he wants by not following the law when it come to divorce .
Wish you Luck 🙏

Having been married to someone similar for 43 years I understand your feelings. As my divorce proceeded I slowly realized he did not have the power to say what would happen. The law and the courts decide. Don’ give up anything you are entitled to! He can not make you stay unless you let him. Take your power back. It was eye opening to see him realize he had no control over me any longer. The worst thing is to talk to him about the situation. If you have a lawyer let them do the talking. Don’t allow him to bully you. Knowledge is power. Learn your rights and don’t give any of them away. Stay strong. You can do this.

Thank you so much