Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Disabled Wife Fighting for Daughter & Spousal Support

Hi,

I've suffered from many chronic illnesses. Social Security gave me disability and I came from a very controlling and mentally abused relationship. As with many chronic illnesses, I developed depression, anxiety, and insomnia. I was feeling so low that I had SA last year.I took a lot prescription. I had a nervous breakdown because my husband closed all the accounts and credit card. I developed the illness during pregnancy. I haven't work in 6 years because I was so bed ridden. My husband left me after I attempted suicide and. the nervous breakdown. He also convicted to leave the house and my daughter to go to rehab.

To make it short, essentially we're in a legal battle. We have a short term marriage but I was disabled in the course of the marriage. My husband is using the argument that if I can be an unsupervised mother than I can work. I struggle to get through the day with all the pain. I don't think I can work again after 6 years.He also used the SA as a crutch to say I'm not stable enough to be a mom. He's trying to get full custody and not wanting to provide spousal support more than 24 months. I'm not proud to say this but I depend on him for financial support after losing my career.

Does anyone have any helpful advices, going through or had gone through something similar can help me?

Thanks