Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Husband cheated. Tried to work things out. He wants divorce and leave the kids.

My husband and I have been together for 16 years. Out of 16 years we are married for 7.5 years. We meet in medical school. Went through residency everything together. Got married last year of my residency and had a boy a year later.

We moved from Ohio back to New Jersey to be near our respective families. We want our child to grow up with family and friends.

It was very stressful move. Hard to find a job as well. So we finally found a house in south Jersey near where we both found jobs.

In the process I got pregnant and had a daughter afterward. We moved into the new home. Because of two young kids we needed more help. My parents egg it’s were kind enough to come and live with us. My husband hated it. But I really needed help. I had complications during Preg and after delivery. I had severe post partum depression which cause me to lose my job. Also my son was diagnosed with autism around that time.

Both of us were under a lot of stress. He supported our family through your thus whole time. I am greatful I can lean on him.

I was able to get better and pick myself up after therapy and treatment. Fully recovered and slowly started to go back to work.
Then started to work more because of how expensive aba therapy for my son cost. My husband work hard as well. With bills our student loans and new house etc.

Because of my son’s autism. He refuse to sleep alone. I wanted to sleep train my son when he was younger. My husband cannot see him cry so he end up sleep with my son. Once my daughter arrives we had to sleep in separate rooms with our kids.

So we lost track of us and got so busy did not have time fir each other. I had complete faith and trust in my husband because I married him. We have a family and two beautiful children.

Then last year, he stopped talking to me. Being cold. Hiding in his room. Doesn’t want to spend any time with me at all. I tried and tried he refused. Then he wanted to have a marriage in name only fir the kids. So I will continue to take care of kids. Do all the chores. And help with the bills. We will be friends or just partners. I was shocked. I said no and asked if he has someone. He swears up and down no.

Later on I found him texting his girlfriend. Because he started to lock his phone and carry his phone on his person 24/7. Which is new. His girlfriend is new to the states from Brazil 27 and she is also married. But my husband doesn’t care he told me he loves her and just want to be with her.

I beg him not to do this. He blames me for our marriage breaking apart. I was shocked. Everything I have done was for us for kids. He won’t listen.

One extra info on the side. The house we bought I used my savings for down payment. He used it for a small business loan to open up an urgent care. He text and shared everything with his girlfriend. He lied and trick me into signing the house for collateral.

After I signed. On the way home in the car. He told me he wanted freedom he wants to leave.

He never fess up to how he meet his mistress. I found out because my daughter was playing with his phone and there was a text. So I looked. I was shocked to find out.

Also found out this mistress is a call girl in Brazil. She is doing the same thing here. My ex gave her a lot of our money. And in the text she’s asking for money for appliances rent and her business etc.

And she told him she will not leave her husband.

I have no pride. I love my husband so much. I love my kids so much. Finally he agreed to stay. It’s a little over a year now. He is now again asking for a divorce. He wants to leave the kids with me. I cannot take care of both kids esp one with autism and make a living. I am a selfish person. I cannot do this to my daughter nor myself. I told my ex to take my son. Since he owns an urgent care.

For the past year. I have been the nanny housekeeper
Driving my kids to and from school. All the housework
Work in his clinic when he needs it
Etc

I asked he puts an app on his phone so I know where he is. And I will do the sand for him. He hates it. Refuse it. He still has his phone locked. He still Carries it around 24/7.

I don’t even have a job right now.

I just don’t feel like a person at all
I feel so so sad and depressed
I can’t even play with my kids
My daughter don’t talk to her father anymore

I don’t want to hurt my children
They do not deserve this. They didn’t do anything.