Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I feel like I am going crazy....advice needed

I am going to make this as short as I can. During the pandemic my family and I moved from Cali to Georgia. It was a mutual decision and I thought it would work out even though my husband and I fought all through covid. He got laid off and was home in our tiny home while I never got a day off. Long story short he said how much better shape we would be in when we moved. Literally selling our home for double of what the new home was and he said we would pay off the old house and all the debt and still have money left over. In the midst of me doing taxes I found out he was taking money out of our kids accounts every week. When I asked-him he said we were in trouble financially and he had to...never said a word to me and cannot see what he used that money on other than to say bills. He took approx. $20,000 from each of my girls accounts. I was irate but had to get over it vowing to pay them back one day somehow. So we move and have $300,000 left and he tells me his sister thinks we should invest with her bank. We go speak to the bank and then I ask my family their thoughts and my family says it is not a good idea to invest with a bank but to get a brokerage firm instead with less risky options. He went ahead and invested the money without my knowledge or signature or name on the account. He vows he is sorry and it was wrong he did it but cannot touch it now or we will be penalized. Mind you his brilliant investment has already lost $80,000. In the meantime he was out of work for close to 3 years. I had to beg him to find a job in Georgia. I had no health insurance and a myriad of health issues crept from all the stress so I went back to California to take care of my doctors appointments (still had my medi-cal thank God) I also went to take short job for 1.5 months to make some money as I was broke and could barely pay my bills from my commission based job. I returned to find out that my sister in-law and mother in law had visited and were no longer speaking to me because I abandoned my family. So in the meantime we moved next door to some friends from California but them my daughter did not want to hang out with their daughter because she was drinking and doing drugs. (an actress gone bad) they turned on me...telling everyone in the neighborhood not to speak to me. They have been doing horrible things like throwing trash in my yard, cutting open my mail, screaming out the window when they drive by if I am walking and laughing and pointing when I try to go to the pool to relax. I have had it and cannot live like this any longer. When I voiced this to my husband his answer was They don't bother me....he has not had my back at all. I am miserable but he won't leave, he says they are not selling the house and if I don't like it I can leave. I do not have the money to hire and attorney so I am going to go stay with a friend in California and I will travel back and forth until my kids grow up. May I add he gives me no money at all. I have a commission job and have since started doing a million side hustles so I can buy food for me and the kids, put gas in the car etc. I sell on ebay, etsy, mercari, drive instacart and I am freaking exhausted. I plan to draft a letter I am going to have him sign before I leave so he cannot get me on abandonment of the kids and that I will be bi-coastal and have more of a money making opportunity in California. I feel like if I have to stay here where I have no one...no one to talk to etc. I feel like I am going crazy. Any advice that would be helpful.

Re: I feel like I am going crazy....advice needed

HI Jenn,

Wow that is a lot to swallow, no less handle! I am very sorry for your struggles and hope relief is coming soon. I have a question, is there any reason you are unable to take your children with you? Just a question - no judgment.

As far as a letter, I would see if there were legal aid in your county to view it prior to having him sign. The last thing you need is a legal issue. Maybe google an example if you are unable to get free advice yet make sure you cover your butt and protect your children as much as possible.

Be well and Stay healthy,
Rana