Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Divorced 12/2020

I was in a physically and mentally abusive marriage of 20 years. I first left in 2017 and came back in 2018. It was suitable for a short time and then the abuse began again. I feared my life when I left on 12/2020. (The divorce was filed in 2017 so we just had to sign the final papers, which is why the divorce was finalized on 12/2020. My ex-husband made promises of selling our home but because of the pandemic; he could not find a home that was suitable for him and our big dog Max. I have been nice and the mental abuse through texting has begun again. He still refuses to sell the house and says I get nothing. I live in the state of Indiana. Please help.

Re: Divorced 12/2020

What is it you want to do is probably the better question? If there are any divorce support groups in your area, I would reach out to them. Do you have any means to support yourself?

Maybe a good starter would be to write out the pros and cons of staying, what and how you could leave it that is your decision, and when. The first thing though is to get a support group or a mentor/coach who can help you make a plan.

I was there at that point one day years and years ago, and I know your struggle. However, I did everything I had to get out and save myself!