Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Divorce in motion….now i’ve been diagnosed with fatal illness

So sorry to read about your illness. I hope the next 8-10 years can bring you some elements of joy/quality of life, despite being ill. Are you linked with a counselling service/terminal illness support service? It’s important to be able to access supportive, counselling so you’re not ‘doing this alone.’

As for taking him back? Only you can decide whether that would be a positive or negative move for you. You’re the expert of your life. If he wasn’t a happy match for you before, what makes you think he will be now? Is it panic at the diagnosis/Feeling alone/scared/isolated that’s driving this doubt about no longer being married to him and considering a reconciliation? 8-10 years would be an awfully long time to live around someone who’s not a supportive, positive person towards you though hey?

Do you have friends and family you could maybe rely on instead of him? I’d probably write a list of ‘pros and cons’ of how he used to behave towards you, then another list of what the ‘positives’ versus the ‘negatives’ might be if you were to let him back into your life as your partner again. Hopefully, seeing it written down, may help to bring clarity,

Hugs 🌸